- 2 large red beets, roasted (below)
- 1 ripe pear, cored, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup toasted hazlenuts
- 2 tbsp balzamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups baby arugula leaves
- 4 oz goat cheese
In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, salt and pepper.
Arrange beets and pears on four serving plates. Drizzle with dressing. Scatter cheese and nuts over, and season with more pepper, if desired. Serve immediately.
Set oven to 425 degrees. Rub beets with olive oil, wrap in foil. Place on a baking sheet; and bake about 45 minutes to 1 hour depending on their size. Cool, then remove foil and remove skins.